The Sahu Ram Swarup Charitable Trust was founded in 1955 by the promoter family, with the purpose- the education of women. Under the Trust, a Girl’s Junior High School was started in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh in 1955. The Girl’s Junior High School became a Girl’s Degree College in 1965 and finally a Post-Graduate College in 1980-81. Currently the Girl’s College has 2400 girls enrolled as students.
The College has come a long way with
- State of the Art virtual classrooms
- Educational Telecast for UGC Lectures
- Emphasis on athletic achievement with a modern gym
- Hosting an inter-collegiate girls’ basketball tournament
- Arts and Cultural development with a full-fledged painting, theatre and dance program
- Cultural activities such as the promotion of Yoga